Cemita Poblana is a Mexican burger from the city of Puebla. It comes with a variety of fillings, the most popular one is with thin breaded veal fillet (milanesa) or cutlet along with toppings like onion, avocado, lettuce or celery leaves, cheese, and chipotle sauce. If you are avoiding red meats you can use chicken instead.
Cemita buns ... 2 or as required
Veal fillet or cutlets .. 2 or as needed.
Cheese ............ grated mozarella or white cheese as needed
Tender celery leaves / lettuce
Onion ..... sliced
Avocado .... 1
Bread crumbs ... 1 cup
Eggs .................. 2
Flour ................1 cup
Salt .......... to taste
Oil .......... to fry the veal cutlets.
Potato wafers / chips .. for accompaniment.
1. Wash the veal fillet. Pat it dry and flatten it with a meat hammer.
2. Beat the eggs adding a little salt. Put the contents in a flat dish.
3. Spoon out the flour and bread crumbs in 2 separate flat plates. If you like you can mix some chillies and spice powders in the flour
4. First coat the fillet with the flour, then dip in the beaten egg and finally coat with the bread crumbs. Repeat the same again to coat the fillet well.
5. Heat oil and deep fry the coated veal fillets. Set aside.
6. Now to assemble the burger, cut the Cemita bun, spread some chipotle sauce.
7. Place the lettuce leaf, then the fried veal milanesa, onion rings, avocado slices and top it with grated cheese and celery leaves. If you like it extra spicy you can also add sliced chillies.
Serve with potato wafers / chips
See the recipe of Mexican Cemita Buns - HERE
See the recipe of Chipotle Sauce ........... HERE