Here is a dry version of poached curry that can be prepared in a jiffy as most of the ingredients are basic. It can be called a variation of egg bhurji. Instead of scrambling the eggs, just make space between the onion masala and break the eggs, top them with spices and simmer until done.
Eggs .... 4 (or as needed)
Onions .. 2 medium (chopped finely)
Tomato .. 1
Green chillies .. 1-2
Coriander leaves .. handful
Garlic paste ... 1 tsp
Ginger paste .. 1 tsp
Coriander powder .. 1 tsp
Cumin powder ...... 1 tsp
Turmeric powder ... 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder ... 1/4 tsp
Salt ............ to taste
Oil .......... 3-4 tbsps
1. In a sauce pan or skillet heat about 2 tbsps of oil.
2. Add the finely chopped onions and saute until translucent.
3. Now tip in the ginger garlic paste and green chilies. Saute.
4. Add the tomatoes and simmer until they are cooked.
5. Now add the salt and spice powders mentioned above. Stir well to mix.
6. Make space between the onion masala and spoon a little oil.
7. Break the eggs and sprinkle a little salt and spice powders.
8. Add chopped coriander leaves.
9. Cover with a lid and simmer until the eggs are done.
10. Serve with rotis or bread.