Shallow fried bhindi with achari masala makes a super delicious side dish to be served with dal chawal or rotis and tadka dal. Select very tender ones for this recipe.
Bhindi / okra .... 200 gms
Saunf / fennel seeds .. 1 tsp
Cumin seeds ............ 1 tsp
Methi / fenugreek seeds .. 1/2 tsp
Kalonji / onion seeds ..... 1/2 tsp
Dry red chillies .............. 2
Turmeric powder ........ 1/8 tsp
Coriander powder .... 1/2 tsp
Ginger powder ..... 1/4 tsp
Amchoor / dry mango powder .. 1/4 tsp
Salt ... to taste
Oil ......... 3-4 tbsps
1. Lightly dry roast the saunf, jeera, methi and kalonji seeds along with the dry red chillies.
2. Grind them coarsely. Mix the mango powder, ginger powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder.
3. Wash the bhindis well and wipe them with a kitchen towel. Cut out the edges and give a slit in the middle. Sprinkle salt on them.
4. Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the bhindis.
5. When they are three-fourths done sprinkle the ground achari masala.
6. Simmer until done stirring them a couple of times.