This is a very simple stir-fry recipe of kale from the Brazilian Cuisine. It can be served as a side dish with grilled meats or sea food. You can make it plain or with the addition of bacon. Traditionally it is served with Feijoada as one of the many other accompaniments like fried banana, farofa ...
This recipe is part of A-Z Recipe Challenge. wherein we bloggers come together and choose key ingredients alphabetically to make and post a dish every month. The alphabet of the month is " K " and I decided to make "Kale stir-fry".
Kale ........ 1 bunch
Onions ...... 1 large (chopped finely)
Garlic ....... 2 tbsps (crushed coarsely)
Salt ......... to taste
Oil .......... 1-2 tbsps
1. Wash the kale and wipe well with a kitchen towel.
2. Cut out the thick stem from the lower side of the leaves.
3. Stack few leaves one on top of the other and roll them together.
4. Cut out thin strips and separate them.
5. In a pan heat the oil and saute the garlic.
6. Add the onions and stir-fry until translucent.
7. Now tip in the kale and saute for a couple of minutes.
8. Season with salt.
9. This can be served as an accompaniment with your meals.
You can check out the recipe video