Green peas .. 1 can / tetra pack
Grated onion ... 2 tbsps (optional)
Garlic paste ... 1 tsp
Tomato puree .. 2 tbsps
Mustard seeds ... 1 tsp
Turmeric powder .. 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder ... 1/4 tsp (add more if you like it spicier)
Coriander powder ... 1 tsp
Cumin powder .... 1/2 tsp
Salt ..... to taste
Coriander leaves .. to garnish
Oil .... 2 tbsps
1. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. When they crackle add the onion paste and saute.
2. When the colour of the onion changes add the garlic paste.
3. Now add the tomato puree and all the spice powders and salt.
4. Drain out the water from the green peas and stir into the prepared masala.
5. You can keep it dry or add half a cup of water for a little gravy if you prefer.