Here is a very easy recipe of cashew nut cookies. I made them heart shaped for the upcoming Valentine Day. We just need few ingredients that are always available in our kitchens. This recipe is part of the "A-Z Recipe Challenge" in a facebook group wherein we bloggers come together and choose key ingredients alphabetically to make and post a dish every month. The alphabet of this month is U and since we don't have any ingredient starting with this one. we decided to make something with Unsalted ingredients. I decided to make cashew nut cookies using Unsalted Cashew Nuts
Unsalted Cashew Nuts ..... 1 cup
Powdered sugar ................ 1/2 cup
All purpose flour ............. 1/2 cup
Melted butter or ghee ...... 1/4 cup
Unsalted pistachios ......... handful
Baking powder ............... 1/2 tsp
Cardamom powder ........ 1/2 tsp
Milk .............................. 2 or 3 tbsps
1. Soak the pistachios that we are going to use for garnishing . This helps to peel and slice them easily and also to retain the green colour while baking.
2. Grind the cashew nuts to a fine powder.
3. In a large mixing bowl beat the melted butter or ghee and sugar until fluffy.
4. Add the cashew nutpowder, baking powder and the cardamom powder.
5. Mix well with a spatula.
6. Now add the all purpose flour (maida) and mix until the ingredients are combined well enough.
7. Add a spoonful of milk and continue to mix so that the dough is moist enough.
8. You may require 2 or 3 tbsps of milk to get the perfect consistency.
9. Now with the hand gather the dough and knead lightly. Set it aside to rest for 15 - 20 mins.
10. Peel and slice the pistachios while the dough is resting.
11. Roll out a portion of the dough and cut out the cookies with the help of a cookie cutter.
12. Make all the cookies and place them in a baking tray on a parchment paper or silicon mat.
13. Garnish them with pistachio slices.
14. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 8 to 10 minutes. The time and temperature may vary a bit depanding on the size of the oven.
15. Cool them well before storing.
You may also use whole wheat flour if you want to make them healthier.
The same can be made with any other nuts instead of cashews.
If you areusing a small table top oven bake at 150 C
as I'm not a big chocolate person, this is my kind of Valentine treat and they are just as delicious for tea time in any seasonReplyDelete
True Mireille, same here. I am also not fond of chocolates. ThanksDelete
Easy to make and loaded with the goodness of cashew nuts. These Heaert shaped cookies with unsalted cashew nuts are just perfect for Valentine's Day.ReplyDelete
Yes they are indeed. ThanksDelete
Love it Shobhaji. Like the idea of adding cashew powder along with APF.. perfect for Valentine’s Day!!ReplyDelete
Wow! I love these heart shaped cookies with unsalted cashew nuts. Sounds easy a d delicious. Thanks for your tip of soaking pistachios. I know where I was going wrong.ReplyDelete
Thanks Archana. I am glad you found my tip useful.Delete
Lovely cashew cookies for Valentine's Day. They look so cute and absolutely delicious.ReplyDelete
Thanks for likingDelete
The cookies look so amazing and prefectly crunchy. I will love to have these for tea time breaks.
Must try them. They are so easy too.Delete
I'm a sucker for heart shaped anything, so I obviously love these cookies. 🙂 They look perfectly turned out and crunchy. Can imagine the flavour the crispy bites of cashew would add to these cookies.ReplyDelete
Yes, me too. Heart shaped stuff looks cute. Thanks for liking the cookies.Delete
These heart shaped cookies look so cute Shobha. Using more of cashew nut powder makes these cookies a bit different from the usual flour cookies. Bookmarked your heart shaped cookies with unsalted cashew nuts to bake them soon.ReplyDelete
I am glad you liked these cookies Mayuri. Simple and deliciousDelete
The heart shaped cookies look so adorable ! Addition of cashew nut powder must have added so much flavor and nutrition to the cookies .ReplyDelete
Yes Poonam. They are very cute and taste good too. ThanksDelete
Cookies are looks good and easy to bake. Also cashews are used in powder form which is good for my kids as they don't like dry fruits. So bookmarking ur recipe..ReplyDelete
Thanks Ankita. Yes That's a nice way to make your kids eat themDelete