Here is a very easy recipe of cashew nut cookies. I made them heart shaped for the upcoming Valentine Day. We just need few ingredients that are always available in our kitchens. This recipe is part of the "A-Z Recipe Challenge" in a facebook group wherein we bloggers come together and choose key ingredients alphabetically to make and post a dish every month. The alphabet of this month is U and since we don't have any ingredient starting with this one. we decided to make something with Unsalted ingredients. I decided to make cashew nut cookies using Unsalted Cashew Nuts
Unsalted Cashew Nuts ..... 1 cup
Powdered sugar ................ 1/2 cup
All purpose flour ............. 1/2 cup
Melted butter or ghee ...... 1/4 cup
Unsalted pistachios ......... handful
Baking powder ............... 1/2 tsp
Cardamom powder ........ 1/2 tsp
Milk .............................. 2 or 3 tbsps
1. Soak the pistachios that we are going to use for garnishing . This helps to peel and slice them easily and also to retain the green colour while baking.
2. Grind the cashew nuts to a fine powder.
3. In a large mixing bowl beat the melted butter or ghee and sugar until fluffy.
4. Add the cashew nutpowder, baking powder and the cardamom powder.
5. Mix well with a spatula.
6. Now add the all purpose flour (maida) and mix until the ingredients are combined well enough.
7. Add a spoonful of milk and continue to mix so that the dough is moist enough.
8. You may require 2 or 3 tbsps of milk to get the perfect consistency.
9. Now with the hand gather the dough and knead lightly. Set it aside to rest for 15 - 20 mins.
10. Peel and slice the pistachios while the dough is resting.
11. Roll out a portion of the dough and cut out the cookies with the help of a cookie cutter.
12. Make all the cookies and place them in a baking tray on a parchment paper or silicon mat.
13. Garnish them with pistachio slices.
14. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 8 to 10 minutes. The time and temperature may vary a bit depanding on the size of the oven.
15. Cool them well before storing.
You may also use whole wheat flour if you want to make them healthier.
The same can be made with any other nuts instead of cashews.
If you areusing a small table top oven bake at 150 C