Boneless mutton ... 250 gms
Onion .................. 1 medium sized chopped finely.
Garlic ............. 1 tbsp crushed
Ginger ........... 1 inch piece grated.
Tomato puree ... 2 tbsps
Yogurt .............. 2 tbsps
Mint leaves ..... few
Coriander leaves .. handful
Green chillies ... 1-2 slit or chopped finely.
Turmeric powder ... 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder .. 1/4 tsp (add more if you like it spicy)
Cumin powder ..... 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder . 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder .. 1/2 tsp
Salt .............. to taste
Oil or Desi ghee .. 2-3 tbsps or as needed
* Whole spices like cinnamon stick, bay leaves and cardamoms ... add in the pressure cooker while boiling the meat.
1. In a pressure cooker take 2-3 cups water and tip in the whole spices*. Add the cleaned meat pieces, a little salt and turmeric. Boil the meat until 3/4 ths done. Remove the pieces and store the stock for future use. You can even freeze it after cooling.
2. In a pan or a wok add oil or desi ghee and fry the onion until light pink.
3 .Add the slit green chillies, ginger and garlic. saute for half a minute.
4. Put the mutton pieces and one fry again for a minute. Add the tomato puree and slit green chillies.
5. One by one add all the spices except garam masala which we shall add towards the end.
6. You may sprinkle a little water while sauteeing if the meat is not cooked.
7. Whisk the yogurt and add it to the meat stirring immediately to blend into the masalas.
8. Tear the mint leaves with fingers and add it. Simmer it until done.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves.