This is a sweet and tangy chutney made with dates and tamarind. It is served with almost all the Indian snacks and chaats.
Dates ..... 1/2 cup
Tamarind pulp .. 1/2 cup
Sugar / jaggery .. 1 tbsp
Salt ..................... 1 tsp ( you can also use rock salt )
Red chili powder .. 1/4 tsp
Dry ginger powder .. 1/2 tsp
Oil ................ 1-2 tbsps
1. Cut the dates and soak them in water for few hours. If the dates are fresh then you don't need to soak for long. Cook them for 4-5 minutes and let them cool.
2. Soak the tamarind and extract the pulp.
3. Grind the dates and tamarind to a smooth paste.
4. In a pan heat the oil and cook the mix for a minute or two adding the rest of the ingredients. The sugar or jaggery depends on your taste, how sweet you like your chutney.
5. Cool and refrigerate. This is a nice accompaniment with snacks like samosas, kachoris, chaats and dahi wadas / bhallas.
You can even freeze this if you like.
My fav chutney recipe. yummy.ReplyDelete
Universal favourite :)Delete
yummy and tangy....ReplyDelete
"Healthy Recipe Substitution" HRS EVENT Dec 20th to Mar 20th
Love this on any chaatsReplyDelete
Win flipkart vouchers from 27coupons.com. Enter now
Yes dear.. thanksDelete
superb tangy sweet chutney, i love them with samosaReplyDelete
Actually goes with all the snacksDelete
Fav chutney. Useful post.ReplyDelete
Tangy delicious chutney,nice postReplyDelete
Looks healthy n delicious... Awesome clicksReplyDelete
Delicious chutney I love it.ReplyDelete
Samosa and this tangy chutney,i can die for.ReplyDelete
Fav chutney.. I always have this in fridge :-)ReplyDelete
Will definitely tickle the tastebuds,yummy dish...ReplyDelete
Delicious chutney... nd more tasty than it available inReplyDelete
restaurants & cafes. I surely try to make it.
Do try making at home :)Delete