Dates ........ 200 gms.
Walnuts .... 1/4 cup
Almonds ... 1/4 cup
Pistachios.. 1/4 cup
Cashew nuts... 1/4 cup
Poppy seeds ... 2 tbsps.
Ghee (clarified butter) ... 1 tbsp.
1. Cut the nuts into pieces and dry roast them for 1-2 minutes on medium flame.
2. Dry roast the poppy seeds for half a minute.
3. Take a level spoonful of ghee in a non-sticky pan and add the chopped dates. Stir fry the dates crushing them with a wooden spatula on medium flame for 5-7 minutes until they become soft and pulpy.(if the dates are not fresh it may take a little more time)
4. Reduce the flame and add the nuts and mix them well.
5. Remove this into a plate and allow this mixture to cool a bit. Rub a little ghee to your palms and make a cylindrical shape.
6. Spread the poppy seeds on a flat surface and roll it in this.
7. Refrigerate it for one hour. Cut into round slices.
This is a very healthy and sugar-free sweet
You may also like:
Dates and Oats Cigar Rolls