Rice .... 2 cups
Tomato .. 1
Ginger ... 1 tsp (grated)
Garlic ... 1 tbsp (crushed)
Green chillies .. 2-3 (slit)
Coriander leaves .. 1/2 cup
Methi leaves ....... 1/4 cup (or 1 tbsp dry kasoori methi )
Mint leaves ... few (optional)
Black cardamoms .... 1-2 (slit)
Cinnamon stick .. 1 inch piece
Cloves ..... 3-4
Green cardamoms .. 3-4 (slit)
Bay leaves .... 1-2
Shah jeera / caraway seeds ... 1 tsp
Salt ... to taste
Turmeric powder .. 1/4 tsp
1. Wash the rice and soak for 30 minutes.
2. In a pan heat 2-3 tbsps of oil and add the mentioned whole spices except caraway seeds (shah jeera)
3. When they give out aroma add the ginger, garlic and green chillies. Saute.
4. Now tip in the greens and the chopped tomato. Add salt, turmeric and chilli powder.
5. When the tomato is cooked, add the rice and saute for a minute.
6. Add 4 cups of water and bring to a boil.
7. Reduce the heat to medium and cook the rice until done.
8. Heat a little oil or ghee in a small pan. Spread the caraway seeds on the cooked rice and pour the hot oil over them.
9. Place the pan on a hot tawa / griddle for dum.
Note : You can also a few leaves of any greens available at home.
lovely one pot meal...ReplyDelete
Amrita actually it is just rice.. we serve it with sai bhaji or methi aloo rasse walaDelete
delicious and flavorful one pot meal!ReplyDelete
Thanks Sona .. actually not a one pot meal.. it has to be served with some sideDelete
Mouth watering spread didi. Would love to try this rice dish very soon.ReplyDelete
Flavorful rice shobsReplyDelete
wow! very lovely spread..ReplyDelete
Who will say no to this irresistible dish, definitely not me..Love that spread there.ReplyDelete
wonderful recipe nicely explained dearReplyDelete
Thanks for the complimentDelete
Delicious platter of food. A feast for the eyes and palate.ReplyDelete
Thank you so much for liking NaynaDelete