Cauliflower ... 1 (medium sized)
Green peas ... 1/2 cup
Mustard paste ... 2 tsps ( Soak and grind)
Poppy seeds ... 4 tbsps (soak and grind)
Tomato ....... 1
Red chilli powder ... 1 tsp
Turmeric powder ... 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder .. 1/2 tsp
Salt ... to taste
Sugar ... 1-2 tsps
Oil .... 1/2 cup
Ghee / clarified butter .. 1 tsp
1. Cut the cauliflower into big florets. Boil them for one minute adding salt and turmeric.
2. Heat oil in a pan and fry the cauliflower florets to golden brown colour. Set aside.
3. In the same oil fry the chopped tomatoes, salt, sugar and chilli powder. Simmer to cook until the tomatoes are soft.
4. At this stage add the mustard paste and poppy seeds paste and cook until the masala starts leaving oil. Now add the ghee and garam masala.
5. Tip in the cauliflower, green peas and saute lightly taking care not to break the florets.
6. Add about half cup water. Simmer until done.
Serve with rotis or rice.
Potluck Party Event @ - Jagruti's Cooking Odyssey.