Cauliflower ... 1 (medium sized)
Green peas ... 1/2 cup
Mustard paste ... 2 tsps ( Soak and grind)
Poppy seeds ... 4 tbsps (soak and grind)
Tomato ....... 1
Red chilli powder ... 1 tsp
Turmeric powder ... 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder .. 1/2 tsp
Salt ... to taste
Sugar ... 1-2 tsps
Oil .... 1/2 cup
Ghee / clarified butter .. 1 tsp
1. Cut the cauliflower into big florets. Boil them for one minute adding salt and turmeric.
2. Heat oil in a pan and fry the cauliflower florets to golden brown colour. Set aside.
3. In the same oil fry the chopped tomatoes, salt, sugar and chilli powder. Simmer to cook until the tomatoes are soft.
4. At this stage add the mustard paste and poppy seeds paste and cook until the masala starts leaving oil. Now add the ghee and garam masala.
5. Tip in the cauliflower, green peas and saute lightly taking care not to break the florets.
6. Add about half cup water. Simmer until done.
Serve with rotis or rice.
Potluck Party Event @ - Jagruti's Cooking Odyssey.
wooow Shobha awesome....I am droolingReplyDelete
Thank you so much dear SutapaDelete
I heard of this before but never tried ..ReplyDelete
yours look tempting :)
Thanks for sharing :)
nice one dear. looks yumm..ReplyDelete
Thank u so muchDelete
This is so tasty and packed with flavours.ReplyDelete
Thanks Angie .. this is a Bengali style curryDelete
Can smell the flavour from here, wat a delicious curry;ReplyDelete
tempting simple side dish with mustard paste.. love itReplyDelete
Thanks for liking itDelete
this looks so delicious shobha thanks for sharingReplyDelete
Thank u for liking it MonuDelete
love the color and spices in this humble cauliflower dish.ReplyDelete
Love Bengali food and I think the poppy seed addition in your recipe is a very tasty twist.Thank you for linking up with In my Veg Box for May 2014 with the theme Cauliflower .Cheers! Manjiri -http://sliceoffme.wordpress.com/ReplyDelete
Thanks for liking and it is always a pleasure to link upDelete