Besan (Gram Flour)……1 cup
Buttermilk………………….2 cups (Whip SOUR yogurt with water and make it into thin consistency)
Green Chillies…………. 3-4
Salt to taste
Turmeric Powder……….1/4 tsp
Mustard Seeds………….1-2 tsps,
Asafoetida ..... a pinch
Coriander Leaves………for garnishing
Coconut (grated)………..for garnishing
1. Grind ginger & green chillies to a fine paste.
2. Whisk besan with buttermilk, salt, turmeric powder, ginger-green chillies paste. There should be no lumps.
3. Transfer onto a thick bottomed pan, cook on medium flame (without adding oil) stirring continuously till it thickens. Remove from fire and the next step has to be done very quickly before the mixture hardens beyond spreading.
4. Pour the mixture on a clean, flat kitchen top surface or the back of a thali. Now, quickly using the lower end of a flat-bottomed bowl, spread into very thin large circle. (This should be done immediately after removing the pan from fire or else the mixture will harden.)
5. The spread mixture sets immediately in about 2 minutes.
6. Now roll the whole layer like a swiss roll and cut into 1” pieces carefully. Alternately, you may cut 1" width strips and roll each separately. (whichever method you find easy)
7. Add tempering of mustard seeds and asafoetida.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves and grated coconut.
For variation you can mix mint chutney, grated coconut and coriander leaves and spread this mixture on the khandvi before rolling.
Pin for later
I love this stuff.Now I know how to make it.ThanxReplyDelete
Thanks ...I love it too. It is so light and can be prepared in a jiffy....once u get the hang of it.Delete
I have been wanting to try this.. Good oneReplyDelete
Thanks Mehjabeen.. it is a healthy oneDelete
wow its wonderful snacking item...i love to have them ny time!!!!!thnX for your lovely comments and first entry to the event!!!!!ReplyDelete
khandvi is a great healthy snack. great recipe.ReplyDelete
Yes dear.. thanksDelete
The rolls looks so perfect, thank you for linking with Any One Can Cook :)ReplyDelete
please stop my blog and receive your award for participating in "HEalthy Snacks" event.
Good Food Recipes
Thanks a lot dear :)Delete
Looks so yummy :)ReplyDelete
Hi Shobha, i like khandvi very much, and but always sacred to try it, yours look tempting.ReplyDelete
My second event is starting tomorrow. you can join me there.
Thanks Pari.. do give it a try.Delete