This snack brings back old memories of Nigeria. This was a popular snack served in the Chinese restaurants there. The snack is very bland in taste with no tempering at all except salt and ajinomoto. Hence it is always served with hot chilli sauce
Spring onions ....... 2 bunches
White flour ............ 2-3 cups
Salt ........... to taste
1. Cut the spring onion finely. Sprinkle 1 tbsp. salt. Mix and leave it for 5 minutes.
2. Knead the flour adding 1/2 tsp ajinomotto, salt, 2 tbsp. oil and the required quantity of water to a soft dough.
3. Squeeze out the water from the spring onion completely. The quantity now will be half. Mix 1/2 tsp of ajinomotto.
4. Roll out the dough into long strips, place a little filling as shown in the picture, close it like a long roll sealing the edges.
5. Tie a knot and seal the ends by pressing firmly.
6. Deep fry and serve with chilli garlic sauce.