Try out this delicious methi flavoured rich and creamy paneer recipe. It is a party dish for sure. Pair it with rotis or naans.
Paneer ........... 150 gms
Cashew nuts .. 8-10
Onions ........... 1 large
Garlic ............ 5 - 6 cloves
Green chillies .. 1 or 2
Cream ............. 4-5 tbsps
Fenugreek / methi ... 1/2 cup
Kasoori methi ... 1 tbsp
Salt ............. to taste
Turmeric powder ... 1 pinch
Garam masala powder .. 1/2 tsp
Ghee or butter ........ 2 tbsps (you can use oil if you like)
1. In a pan take the onion pieces, cashew nuts, green chillies, garlic and boil them adding 1 cup of water. Cool them and grind to a paste.
2. Cut the paneer into cubes and fry them lightly. Remove and set aside.
3. In a pan heat the ghee, butter or oil. Add the chopped fenugreek leaves and saute them.
4. Add salt to taste and a pinch of turmeric.
5. Now add the onion cashew paste and saute on low flame. Check the salt and add if needed.
6. Tip in the paneer pieces, about one cup water and cook on low flame. If you have any water from boiling the onions and cashews use that.
7. Dry roast the kasoori methi lightly crush it and add it to the gravy.
8. Also add the garam masala now.
9. After cooking for one minute on low flame stir in the cream and mix gently.
10. After adding the cream do not cook for long. Just one or two boils and it is done.
I usually fry the paneer cubes and freeze them in a zip lock bag. All you have to do is thaw as much as you need, immerse in hot water for few minutes. The paneer is ready to be added to the curries.