Try out this delicious methi flavoured rich and creamy paneer recipe. It is a party dish for sure. Pair it with rotis or naans.
Paneer ........... 150 gms
Cashew nuts .. 8-10
Onions ........... 1 large
Garlic ............ 5 - 6 cloves
Green chillies .. 1 or 2
Cream ............. 4-5 tbsps
Fenugreek / methi ... 1/2 cup
Kasoori methi ... 1 tbsp
Salt ............. to taste
Turmeric powder ... 1 pinch
Garam masala powder .. 1/2 tsp
Ghee or butter ........ 2 tbsps (you can use oil if you like)
1. In a pan take the onion pieces, cashew nuts, green chillies, garlic and boil them adding 1 cup of water. Cool them and grind to a paste.
2. Cut the paneer into cubes and fry them lightly. Remove and set aside.
3. In a pan heat the ghee, butter or oil. Add the chopped fenugreek leaves and saute them.
4. Add salt to taste and a pinch of turmeric.
5. Now add the onion cashew paste and saute on low flame. Check the salt and add if needed.
6. Tip in the paneer pieces, about one cup water and cook on low flame. If you have any water from boiling the onions and cashews use that.
7. Dry roast the kasoori methi lightly crush it and add it to the gravy.
8. Also add the garam masala now.
9. After cooking for one minute on low flame stir in the cream and mix gently.
10. After adding the cream do not cook for long. Just one or two boils and it is done.
I usually fry the paneer cubes and freeze them in a zip lock bag. All you have to do is thaw as much as you need, immerse in hot water for few minutes. The paneer is ready to be added to the curries.
Yummy.. love itReplyDelete
Methi matar malai looks very inviting shobhaji! A delicious combo with soft roti's and phulkas! A very tempting platter!ReplyDelete
Thanks Priya. I love this curry too.Delete
I like the sound of this curry, the gravy looks so creamy and rich. The methi must have given it a delicious aroma.ReplyDelete
Yes, it was very tasty.ThanksDelete
it looks delicious, I make it same way but don't add turmeric in itReplyDelete
Ok. I add just a pinch to change the colourDelete
This looks so delicious! I make Methi Matar Malai almost the same way, minus the cream. Never tried adding paneer to it - will do so next time I make it!ReplyDelete
Do try.. it tastes super.Delete
Shobhaji you Methi Malai matar is inviting and looks amazing. I have never made it myself but will have to try soon. Love methi in anything and everything.ReplyDelete
Thanks Sarika. It is so simple and yet so tasty. You will love it.Delete
Shobha, methi malai paneer looks so tempting. I've actually never tried out the famous methi malai matar or even had it at a restaurant. Now with paneer added to the methi Malai, you're definitely tempting me to try out the recipe.ReplyDelete
Oh, you are goinf to love this dish and itwill become a regular feature in your house.Delete
The malai methi paneer looks rich and delicious. perfect to serve with hot rotis. This is one dish I have always wanted to make but never found a good recipe. As soon as I get some paneer, I will make this dish.ReplyDelete
Thanks Mina. This is a very simple recipe, not too heavy also. You will surely like it.Delete
Methi malai paneer looks super tempting. Loved the rich creamy gravy with fenugreek leaves and kasoori Methi. I can imagine the taste and flavour. I will try your delicious recipe soon.ReplyDelete
Thanks for liking SujataDelete
Looks awesome. I love methi malai paneer and this is definitely what I want to gorge on.ReplyDelete
Glad you liked it ArchanaDelete
Methi Malai Paneer looks so rich and creamy.Turmeric gives a nice colour to the gravy when mixed with cream. Lovely recipe.ReplyDelete
Yes but we have to add the right amount carefully so that it doesn't become too yellowishDelete
A delicious gravy with the goodness and methi as well as paneer ...this recipe is not just flavorful but healthy at the same time .ReplyDelete
What a fabulous rich and creamy Methi Malai Paneer - definitely one to add to the weekly repertoireReplyDelete