This is one of the most delicious breakfasts, well worth the effort It can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator the previous day to save time in the morning. You can add the desired toppings just before you serve.
Oats ... 1 cup
Butter .... 4 tbsps
Salt .... 1/8 th tsp
Cinnamon powder .. 1/4 tsp
Brown sugar ....... 4 tbsps
Water ............ 1 and 1/2 cups
Milk ....... 1/2 cup
(For Fruit Compote)
Water ..... 1 cup
Brown sugar .... 3 tbsps
Cinnamon powder .. 1/4 tsp
Blue berries .... handful
Red currants or cherries ... handful
(For Cider Syrup)
Apple cider ... 1 cup
Brown sugar ... 1 tsp
Mint leaves ... few
1. To prepare syrup, boil the apple cider with sugar and mint leaves until it is reduced to half.
2. To prepare compote, boil the water with brown sugar, cinnamon powder and the mentioned fruits in a saucepan until it thickens.(about 10 - 12 mins.)
3. To prepare oatmeal combine water, sugar,milk, salt and cinnamon in a pan and bring to a boil. Stir in oats and reduce the heat. Cook for about 15 minutes until it thickens stirring from time to time until it forms into a lump and leaves the sides.
4. Pour the contents in a greased container and allow it to cool. Refrigerate it for at least 1 hour to set.
5. Remove from the tray and cut it into triangles or any desired shape.
6. Melt the butter in a non stick pan / skillet. Cook the oatmeal triangles for 2-3 minutes on each side until light brown.
7. To serve place a triangle in a plate and spoon the fruit compote and cider syrup on it. You may use sweetened cream instead of cider syrup.
Pin for later
You may also like:
Zucchini and Strawberry Pancakes (Sweet Version)
looks like a long process.but to taste it must try...tempting..ReplyDelete
Looks like that but very easy oneDelete
To have good food we must put in proper effort..that's the case with this healthy oatmeal breakfast served with the fresh berry compote . Love the detailing of every component in the final dish !!ReplyDelete
Thank you Priya. Little tedious but the outcome is super and worth the efforts.Delete
Shobha what a delicious and wonderful recipe with oats. And like how you've served it with fruit compote. Perfect recipe for Sunday brunch.ReplyDelete
Yes Mayuri. Nice and filling breakfast for the week end. We love it too. In fact I have to make it again. Been a long time.Delete
These triangles will vanish in no time with my teens at breakfast. The recipe is so filing too.ReplyDelete
Yup. Kids will love having oats this way.Delete
These oatmeal triangles are indeed an interesting oats recipe. They make a wholesome filling breakfast. The presentation is tempting enough to lure anyone into making this awesome breakfast.ReplyDelete
Thank you dear. Yes, this definitely looks tempting and a feast for the eyes as well as stomach.Delete
Tasty and healthy breakfast option with oats and blur berries. Nice presentation. I will make it sometime.ReplyDelete