This is a variation of Baba Ganoush, a traditional Middle Eastern dip which is made by grilling the egg plant on direct flame, charcoal or grill, while this method is quicker using the pressure cooker. Here we have browned the sliced eggplant in the base of the cooker. When you make this version you will see how simple it is and the taste is very much the same.
Eggplant .... 1 large
Olive oil ... 4 tbsps
Garlic ...... 6-8 cloves
Salt ........ to taste
Parsley .. 2 small sprigs
Tahini ... 2 tbsps
Lemon juice .. 2-3 tbsps
Black olives ... 8-10
Water .......... about 6-7 tbsps
Extra virgin olive oil
1 sprig of parsley
Black olives (sliced)
1. Wash the eggplant and peel in alternative strips, keeping some for colour. Slice them lengthwise into two.
2. In a pressure cooker pour olive oil and place the eggplant face downwards and allow it to roast on low flame for few minutes.
3. Now flip over the eggplant.
6. Grind it coarsely using a hand grinder.
8. Remove the dip in a serving bowl and garnish with olive oil, sliced olives and a sprig of parsley.
Serve with pita bread.
This looks really delicious and would be perfect with home made pitta bread.ReplyDelete
Yes Nayna.. a perfect comboDelete
Shobha like your tip of peeling the eggplant in alternate strips. Love your quicker way of grilling the eggplants. Dip looks very tempting.ReplyDelete
Thanks for liking the dip Mayuri :)Delete
This looks delicious. I like the idea of using a pressure cooker for softening the aubergine. This would make a great dip for any occasionReplyDelete
Thanks Mina.This method is faster and easier too :)Delete
Thanks . same here.Delete