I have tried out Indian version of Sushi with coconut rice and dry avial served with sweet and spicy tamarind, chilli, garlic sauce.
(For coconut rice)
Rice ...... 1 cup (any normal rice or basmati rice)
Coconut milk ... 1/2 cup
Ginger ....... 1" piece
Garlic ........ 4 cloves
Green chilli ... 1-2
Salt .............. to taste
Oil .............. 2 tbsps
1. Grind the ginger, garlic and green chillies.
2. Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add the ground paste.
3. Saute it and tip in the washed and soaked rice.
4. Add salt, coconut milk and 1 and 1/2 cups water.
5.Close the lid and cook on high for 2 whistles and simmer for half a minute. The texture should be soft like sticky rice.
6. Let it cool.
Carrots .... 1
Beans ..... 8-10
Capsicum .. 1
Coconut ... 3-4 tbsps (grated)
Green chilli .... 1
Ginger ....... 1 small piece
Garlic ...... 3-4 cloves
Yogurt .... 2-3 tbsps
Cumin powder ... 1/2 tsp
Salt ....... to taste
Oil ........ 2 tbsps
1. Cut all the vegetables into long and thin strips.
2. Parboil the vegetables with little salt. Keep them crunchy.Drain and set aside.
3. Grind the coconut, ginger, garlic, green chilli with yogurt and salt.
4. Heat oil in a pan and saute the ground paste.
5. Add the parboiled vegetable strips and saute for a minute. Let it cool.
(To make Sushi)
Roasted sesame seeds.
1. Take the foil paper and grease it with oil.
2. Spread the cooked sticky coconut rice on it patting with your hands so that it sticks well.
3. Arrange the vegetable pieces from the dry avial leaving a little gap from the lower edge.
4. Carefully roll the foil pressing well to make a tight roll.
5. Dip the knife in cold water and slice the roll into equal pieces.
For the Sauce
I have mixed sweet tamarind sauce and home made chilli garlic sauce in equal proportion.
Really innovative and delicious recipe!ReplyDelete
Thank you :)Delete
Nice one ShobhaReplyDelete
Thanks Jayashree :)Delete
This recipe is so nice and innovative. Will definitely try it.ReplyDelete
What an innovative recipe this is! Love the fusion between Indian and Sushi. The aviyal is a perfect choice with coconut flavor and vegetables. I am yet to try sushi rolls. Will make it soon!ReplyDelete
Thanks for liking SandhyaDelete
how inventive to create sushi rolls with this - so unique!ReplyDelete
Thanks for the compliment dearDelete
An innovative recipe Shobha. Coconut rice and avial sushi looks so tempting. Would need really sticky rice for this creation.ReplyDelete
Thanks Mayuri. Must try them. They really tasted goodDelete
Wonderful presentation of Indian avial and rice in sushi form.. very innovative..looks so good!!ReplyDelete
The very much loved coconut rice with avial combo in its new avatar, a fusion dish is a mind blowing thought first of all!! The sushi rolls looks absolutely delicious 😋ReplyDelete
Thanks for the compliment PadmaDelete