We all know the health benefits of karela. We should try to cook it without removing the outer skin. If in case you want to remove then don't throw away the peels. We can make use of them in many ways apart from making juice. I have sauteed the peels with some spices and made theplas kneading the dough with yogurt. They turned out so soft and delicious. You can serve them with any sabzi or just pickle.
Karela peels ... 1 cup
Coriander leaves .. ¼ cup
Green chillies ...... 2-3
Wheat flour ........2 cups or s needed
Yogurt ................ ½ cup
Turmeric powder ..... ¼ tsp
Coriander powder .... ¼ tsp
Cumin powder ......... ¼ tsp
Salt ....... to taste
Oil or ghee
1. In a pan heat one tbsp oil and sauté the finely chopped karela peels.
2. Add chopped or crushed green chillies, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder and cumin powder.
3. Stir fry until the water is dried up.
4. Knead the dough adding a little salt, fried peels masala, little oil and yogurt.
5. Make theplas of desired size. Brush a little ghee on them.
6. You can serve them with any sabzi or even just pickle and curd.
Pin for later
You may also like:
Karela Peels Puri