A perfect breakfast option to start your day in a healthy way. Even kids will love it. A hot bowl of porridge is so comforting on a rainy day.
Oats ...... 3/4 cup
Apples .... 1
Jaggery ... 1/4 cup (grated or crushed)
Cinnamon or cardamom powder .... 1/8 tsp
Salt ............. 1 pinch to balance the taste (optional)
Ghee or butter ... 1 tbsp
1. Melt butter or ghee in a pan and saute the oats.
2. Add 4 cups water and bring to a boil.
3. Tip in the jaggery and salt. Simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Now add the peeled and chopped apple pieces and continue to cook on low flame until done. Keep the apples slightly crunchy and do not overcook them.
5. For flavouring you can add cinnamon or cardamom powder.
this is a healthy and delicious porridge wonderful for breakfastReplyDelete
Thanks for dropping by and liking the porridge :)Delete
love the idea of adding jaggery instead of sugarReplyDelete
Yes, it is more tastier and healthy.. thanks AmritaDelete
We call these apple pie oats and they are SO good in the winter for a comforting breakfast.ReplyDelete
Nice to know that.. true such a comforting breakfast in winter.Delete
Adding the cardamom or cinnamon must make this porridge delicious.ReplyDelete
Yes Nayna,, I love the cardamom flavor :)Delete
Your porridge recipe is so tempting. It must taste like halwa with the addition of jaggery. Adding apples is a great idea.ReplyDelete
Yes Mina.. tastes really good.ThanksDelete
I love oatmeal with any additions. this sounds a delicious way to start the day!ReplyDelete
Yes dear .. healthy startDelete
A different kind of porridge recipe Shobha where you've cooked the apple too. Love that it has jaggery and not sugar.ReplyDelete