A perfect breakfast option to start your day in a healthy way. Even kids will love it. A hot bowl of porridge is so comforting on a rainy day.
Oats ...... 3/4 cup
Apples .... 1
Jaggery ... 1/4 cup (grated or crushed)
Cinnamon or cardamom powder .... 1/8 tsp
Salt ............. 1 pinch to balance the taste (optional)
Ghee or butter ... 1 tbsp
1. Melt butter or ghee in a pan and saute the oats.
2. Add 4 cups water and bring to a boil.
3. Tip in the jaggery and salt. Simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Now add the peeled and chopped apple pieces and continue to cook on low flame until done. Keep the apples slightly crunchy and do not overcook them.
5. For flavouring you can add cinnamon or cardamom powder.