I have joined a group – Ssssssh Cooking Secretly Challenge. Here every month we are paired with another blogger and we give each other two secret ingredients. Using these we have to create our dish for the month. This month the theme was “ Summer Treats “
I was paired with Shoba Srinivasan (www.anubhavati.wordpress.com) She has a lovely collection of recipes. Do check out her blog.
Now getting back to the recipe of the month, my two ingredients were fruits and chaat masala . These were very easy and I made fruit chaat with seasonal fruits.
Take any seasonal fruits available (1/2 cup each or as needed)
(For the dressing)
Chaat masala .... 2 tsps (I made it at home combining rock salt, cumin powder, red chilli powder, black pepper powder, ginger powder and amchoor powder)
Honey ... 1 tbsp
Lemon juice .. 1 tbsp
Mint leaves ... few
1. Peel the fruits and cut them into cubes.
2. Whisk all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Crush a few leaves and add to the mix.
3. Mix them into the fruits and stir gently.
4. Garnish with some mint leaves.
5. Serve chilled or at room temperature.