Since it is mango season now I am enjoying the king of fruits. I really missed these Indian mangoes until last year as we were living in Brazil. We did have a variety of mangoes there but nothing to beat the Indian ones like Alphonso, Kesari, Langda, Bainganapalli to name a few. I have made the parfait using the Alphonso pulp along with some crushed walnuts, roasted flax seeds and of course fresh yogurt. You can whisk the fresh yogurt with a little sugar or honey and little vanilla essence for flavouring or if you get the ready vanilla flavoured yogurt in the market you can use it. Parfait is so easy to make and can be taken at breakfast time or even enjoyed as a dessert. Mango can be replaced with any other fruits like strawberries, cherries, chikoo, banana etc etc.... and you can add granola/cornflakes/raisins .. the options are endless.
Fresh yogurt ... 2 cups or as needed
Mango pulp .. 3/4 th cup
Mango pieces .. for garnishing
Sugar or honey.. 1 tbsp
Walnuts ........... handful (crushed) about 2 tbsps
Roasted and crushed flax seeds .. 1 tbsp
Vanilla essence .... 1 drop (optional)
1. Whisk the yogurt adding sugar or honey and the essence.
2. Blend the mango pulp to make smooth puree.
3. Crush the walnuts lightly.
4. Take 2 serving glasses or bowls.
5. Spoon the yogurt and pulp one on top of the other.
6. Sprinkle some walnuts and flax seeds. Repeat this again.
7. Garnish with mango pieces and crushed walnuts. Sprinkle flax seeds on top.