This is a very rich and aromatic sauce made with saffron. It can be used as a topping for grilled fish, meats and many other dishes.
Shallots .... 6 - 10
White wine .. 1/2 cup
Cream ....... 2 tbsps
Saffron ... 1 pinch
Butter ..... 2 tbsps (use cold butter cut into pieces)
Lemon juice .. 1 tbsp
Honey ......... 1 tbsp (optional)
Paprika ....... 1 pinch
Salt ............ as needed
1. Peel the shallots and chop them very finely.
2. Take a small pan and put the wine and shallots. Bring them to boil on medium temperature and cook for about 2 minutes.
3. Turn the gas to low and now add the saffron and cream. Mix it well.
4. Now add the cold butter pieces one by one. Add one and whisk it until it melts before you add another chunk.
5. Keeping it on low flame add the lemon juice, honey, salt and paprika.
Note: The sauce is now ready for use. If you want a smooth texture you may strain it and discard the shallots.
What a creative idea. I never would have those to use saffron like this.ReplyDelete
Dannii, I had it in a restaurant in Brazil and loved it. So I tried it out at home tooDelete
This is such a rich and fragrant sauce.. Nice color..ReplyDelete
I will definitely be trying this tonight............... Cheers! Caz :-))ReplyDelete
Thanks ... waiting for the feed backDelete