Whenever we make dosa batter there is always enough left for the next day. I like to make use of it in various different ways. Today I made mini uttapams by adding tadka of onion and sambar powder. These mini uttapams are perfect to serve in your evening tea party or kids party.
Dosa batter .... 2-3 cups
( If you don't have left over batter make it fresh. Soak 1/2 cup urad dal and 1 and 1/2 cups raw rice for 5-6 hours. Grind to make a smooth batter of pouring consistency. Mix them well adding a little salt and allow it to ferment overnight or 8-10 hours )
Ingredients for Tadka /Tempering :
Onion .... 1 cup finely minced
Green chilli .. 1 finely minced (optional)
Coriander leaves .. 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
Mustard seeds ... 1 tbsp
Asafoetida .... a pinch
Sambar powder or Podi ... 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder ... 1/8 tsp
Salt ........ to taste
Oil .... 2 tbsps and extra for making uttapams
1. Take a pan and heat oil. Add the mustard seeds and when they crackle add the asafoetida and finely minced onion and green chillies.
2. Saute until translucent. Tip in the sambar powder, salt, turmeric powder and saute on low flame.
3. Add the coriander leaves and switch off the flame. Allow it to cool.
4. Mix it in the dosa batter.
5. Pour a small ladle full on the griddle to make the uttapams.
6. Spoon a little oil and flip both sides until done.
Serve with coconut chutney.
Looks yummy !!ReplyDelete
they have turnerd out very good..perfect for kids lunchboxReplyDelete
Yes, kids delightDelete
I love these cute looking uttapams. They are ideal to serve at parties.ReplyDelete
Yes, they are perfect for a partyDelete
This is a nice way to use up left over dosa batter.. Looks very tasty..ReplyDelete
Thanks.. yes it is !Delete