Sometimes it is fun to cook with fruits and I have tried out some recipes with apples. Here is a unique apple kofta curry in rich gravy made with onion and cashew nut paste. If you are making it for a party you can even stuff the koftas with some chopped dry fruits.
Apples .... 1
Potatoes ... 1 large
Corn kernels .... ¼ cup
Bread crumbs ... 4-5 tbsps
Salt ............. to taste
Onions ...... cup sliced
Green chillies .... 1
Cashewnuts ........ ½ cup (soaked )
Cream ............. 4-5 tbsps
Turmeric powder ... a pinch (optional)
Cumin powder ..... 1 tsp
Garam masala ..... ½ tsp
1. Boil the potato and mash it.
2. Boil the corn kernels with a little salt. Mash or grind it coarsely.
3. Peel and grate the apple.
4. Mix the grated apple with mashed potato, boiled and crushed corn.
5. Add salt, 2 tbsps of bread crumbs and cumin powder. Mash it together and make lemon sized balls.
6. Coat them with the bread crumbs and deep fry.
7. Boil the sliced onions with one cup water and add the green chilli. When the onion is cooked grind it to a paste adding the soaked cashew nuts and little water as needed.
8. In a pan add a little oil and sauté the ground paste.
9. Add salt and one cup water and cream. Add the garam masala and boil just for half a minute. The consistency of the gravy can be as per your liking.
10. Just before serving place the koftas in a flat serving dish and spoon the hot gravy on top.
11. You can garnish with chopped dry fruits and cream if you like.