Lauki / Dudhi (grated) ..... 2 cups
Besan ....... 3/4 cup or as needed
Onion ...... 1 (sliced)
Garlic ..... 1 tsp
Ginger .... 1 inch piece
Green chillies .... 2
Kasoori methi ... 1 tsp
Tomato puree .... 2 tbsps
Cream ........... 2 tbsps
Turmeric powder... 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder ... 1 tsp
Red chilli powder .... 1/4 tsp ( or as per your liking)
Salt ... to taste
1. Heat a little oil and saute the onions until light brown.
2. Add the ginger, garlic and green chillies. Saute and add a little water to cook.
3. When done grind it and set aside.
4. Now grate the lauki / dudhi and squeeze out the water completely.
5. Heat oil in a kadai for frying the koftas and mean while mix the besan, salt, chillies, kasoori methi and make round balls or koftas. Deep fry them and set aside.
6. Heat a little oil in a pan and add the onion paste and the tomato puree. Add the spice powders and salt.
7. Saute and add water as per the consistency of the gravy you require. Tip in the koftas and simmer for a few minutes.
8. Stir in the cream and garam masala powder.
Note: Mix the kofta ingredients just before frying them as the lauki leaves a lot of water.
thats an very delicious and tempting kofta curry !!ReplyDelete
Miss my mum's dish now! She was making it often... healthier version for sure :)ReplyDelete
Your comment is awaited on http://cookingwithsj.com/2013/11/11/herbed-crackers :)
looks so delicious...ReplyDelete
Thanks a lotDelete
delicious kofta curryReplyDelete
Nothing like a great dudhi recipe!! Lovely koftas.ReplyDelete
Thanks for likingDelete
tempting kofta curryReplyDelete
Thank u so muchDelete
So flavourful and delicious. This is perfect for the cold weather we have here.ReplyDelete
True Angie.. these dishes keep you warm in the cold weatherDelete
all time favorite kofta curry.ReplyDelete
Thanks dear .. mine tooDelete
Looks delicious. I love kofta curry and usually make it with mixed vegetables or paneer. But shall I let you into a secret? I have never eaten dudhi. It was one vegetable my parents never ate either. I really don't know why?ReplyDelete
Doodhi as such even we don't like to prepare as a vegetable by itself.. Koftas are relished by everyoneDelete