Oats ...... 1 cup
Butter .... 1 tbsp
Milk ...... 2 cups or as needed. (you can use water + milk if you wish)
Vanilla essence ... 1 drop.(optional)
Sugar ................ 5-6 tbsps (as per your liking)
Salt .... 1 pinch (to balance the taste)
Mango roundels .. for garnishing.
To make the chocolate coated cake balls.
Cake crumbs ..... 1 cup (use plain sponge cake)
Walnut powder ... 1 tbsp
Maple syrup or honey .. 1 tbsp (as needed to bind the crumbs)
Cooking / baking chocolate bar .... 100 gms
1. Crumble the cake. Add walnut powder and mix.
2. Add the honey or maple syrup and mix well to get a binding texture. If you are using a moist cake you may not need to add any binder..Make tiny marble sized balls.Set aside.
3. Using the double boiler method, melt the chocolate bar. Make sure the spatula and the bowl are dry.
4. Maintain medium heat and stir with a spatula until smooth.
5. Close the gas and still keep stirring for a while to remove any air bubbles.
6. Now using a fork or a tooth pick dip the balls in the melted chocolate.
7. Place them on the parchment paper in a tray. Refrigerate until they are firm.
8. Now melt the butter in a sauce pan and saute the oats for a minute.
9. Add one cup water and bring to a boil. Once they start cooking reduce the heat and simmer. Add sugar and a pinch of salt. When they are half done add the milk, vanilla essence and cook further for 5-6 minutes on low flame until you get the required consistency. Allow the porridge to cool.
10. Garnish with chocolate balls and mango roundels after it is cool enough at the room temperature or even better if it is chilled in the refrigerator.
Must be a healthy and yuumy dish😊😊ReplyDelete
Yes Moumita.. specially kids will love it :)Delete
wish my kids eat this breakfast so i dont have to worry.ReplyDelete
What a lovely way to serve oats.I am sure the kids will gobble this up without any fuss.ReplyDelete
Yes Nayna.. thanks for liking :)Delete
That's a great innovative way to serve kids oats. This will make sure we have no fuss. Love it.ReplyDelete
Yes Archana . It is a healthy treat for kids.Delete
What a treat this oats porridge is with chocolate cake balls and mango..wouldn't mind enjoying this every day ;)ReplyDelete
Yes Mayuri, we can also relish this as a dessertDelete
The humble oats will never be disliked if served in this way. It looks so tasty and healthy too.ReplyDelete
Very true Jayashree. Even those who dislike them will love itDelete
oh WOW - with those cake balls - I think it is more dessert than breakfast ;)ReplyDelete
True dear, it is a breakfast cum dessertDelete
This is so interesting to add chocolate coated cake balls as topping to porridge. Kids will surely love them and ask for some extra serving.ReplyDelete
True Narmadha. Kids will love it.Delete