This is a very famous street food of Indore.(Madhya Pradesh) Unlike other chaats and street foods this is a very healthy one. Grated corn is simmered in milk and then tempered with other ingredients to add the flavours. Hence this is also served as a breakfast in Indore.
Corn kernels ... 2 cups
Milk ............ 1/4 cup
Green chillies .. 1-2 (as per your taste)
Ginger ............... 1 tsp (grated)
Coriander leaves .. handful
Fresh coconut .... 2-3 tbsps (grated)
Lemon juice ... 1 tbsp
Oil or ghee ... 2 tbsps
Cumin seeds .. 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds .. 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida ...... 1 pinch
1. Grind the corn coarsely. Set aside.
2. Heat oil or ghee in a sauce pan and add the tempering ingredients.
3. When they crackle add the green chillies and ginger. Saute a little.
4. Add the corn and turmeric powder
5. Saute until the colour changes.
6. Add the milk and simmer. Cook until the milk is evaporated.
7. Add salt and mix well until the mixture is thick enough.
8. Squeeze the lemon juice and mix.
Garnish with grated coconut and coriander leave