Panna Cotta is traditionally an Italian dessert usually made with vanilla flavour. For variation you can add different fruit pulps to make it exotic for your parties. It is very easy to make and hardly takes much time.
Passion fruits ... 5 - 6 (about 1/2 cup extracted juice from them)
Cream .............. about 1/2 cup
Milk ................... about 1/2 cup
Gelatine .......... 1 tbsp
Greek yogurt ... 1 small cup - 90 gms (passion fruit or mango flavour)
Sugar ............. little less than 1/2 cup
1. Cut the passion fruits. Remove the pulp in a strainer. Using a spoon extract the juice into a bowl and discard the seeds. Save some pulp with seeds for garnishing.
2. In a pan warm 1/4 cup of water (luke warm) Switch off the gas and add the gelatine.
3. Whisk it well until it melts and all the lumps are dissolved.
4. Stir in the passion fruit juice and mix until well blended.
5. Now add the cream and stir.
6. Add the full cream milk and mix well.
7. Next goes in the sugar.
8. Now bring the pan back on the gas and stir everything on low flame until everything is blended together.
9. Now remove from the gas and allow it to cook.
10. Now whisk in the yogurt.
11. Pour into the serving bowls, glasses or passion fruit shells and refrigerate until set.
12. Garnish with some passion fruit pulp with the seeds as they are edible.
13. Serve chilled.
Note: I have taken the juice, milk, cream and sugar in equal proportion. Little less than 1/2 cup.
Watch the recipe video:
Pin for later
You may also like:
Passion Fruit Mousse (eggless)