Potato sheera is made usually on fasting days. It is very easy to make and really very delicious.
Potatoes ... 2 large
Sugar ...... 1/2 cup (adjust as per your preference)
Green cardamoms ... 3-4
Saffron .. as needed
Ghee .... 2 tbsps
Pistachios / almonds .. few for garnishing.
1. Boil the potatoes. Peel and cut them into small pieces.
2. Heat ghee in a pan and add the lightly crushed cardamoms.
3. When they give out aroma, add the potatoes and saute for few minutes.
4. Add a pinch of saffron and sugar.
5. Keep stirring until the sugar is absorbed and the sheera starts to leave the sides.
Garnish with saffron strands and chopped nuts.
Mouth watering potato sheera ..YummyReplyDelete
Thanks Sathya :)Delete
Sheera with potato sounds really interesting... looks so glossy...ReplyDelete
Thanks Rafeeda :)Delete
Sheera with potato is surely an innovative dishReplyDelete
Thanks Amrita :)Delete
This is such a fantastic idea Shobha! Have never thought of making sheera with potato!ReplyDelete
Yes Naina.. mom used to make it during the fassting days.Delete
We do something similar with sweet potatoes and make them sweet. Just made a batch over the weekend as they are a favorite around here!ReplyDelete
Will try that too :)Delete
What a lovely idea, it looks really yummy!ReplyDelete
Thanks Jemma :)Delete
Looks amazing! what a lovely and glazy texture. So appetising !ReplyDelete
Thank you Priya..Delete