Here is a recipe of delicious and spicy palak dal. The addition of coconut and red chillies gives a different touch to the usual dal palak we make. If you love spicy dishes then you must give it a try.
Spinach / palak ... 2 cups
Toor dal ............. 1/2 cup
Onion ................ 1 small
Garlic.............. 3-4 cloves (crushed)
Salt ............. to taste
Turmeric powder .. 1/4 tsp
Oil ... 2-3 tbsps
For coconut masala:
Grated coconut .. 1/2 cup
Dry red chillies ... 2-3 (as per your preference)
Tamarind paste ... 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds ..... 1 tsp
Coriander seeds ... 1 tsp
1. Soak dal for 2-3 hours.
2. Dry roast the cumin and coriander seeds. Add the red chillies and roast a little.
3. Now add the grated coconut and saute for a minute.
4. Grind these adding tamarind juice and a little water. Set aside.
5. In a pressure cooker or a pan add 1 tbsp oil and saute the onion.
6. Add the spinach and dal. Cook it adding salt and sufficient water. If using a pressure cooker you will need less water.
7. Now in a small pan heat the remaining oil and fry the crushed garlic until light brown in colour.
8. Add the ground masala paste and simmer for a minute stirring it.
9. Mix the masala in the cooked dal.
Pin for later
You may also like:
As always - your dish looks so delicious. This sounds perfect with rice.ReplyDelete
I love spinach and coconut curries. It is one of my favourites.ReplyDelete