Cutlet is a simple snack, quick and easy to prepare and makes a great tea time or evening snack. It can be made with many variations depending on the ingredients you have at home.
Last night we had pasta with red sauce for dinner and I had a bowlful of left overs. Combining them with boiled and mashed potato along with some spices and bread crumbs for binding I made these delicious and crispy cutlets. They turned out really delicious.
Left over pasta ...... about 1 cup
Potatoes ................ 2 large
Bread crumbs ...... 2 tbsps
Cumin seeds or shahi jeera ........ 1/2 tsp
Green chillies ...... 1 (finely chopped)
Coriander leaves .. handful
Salt ..................... to taste
Garam masala powder .. 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder ...... 1/4 tsp
Oil .................. for frying
1. Boil the potatoes and peel them.
2. Mash the potatoes and set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl take all the ingredients except oil.
4. Mash them using a masher.
5. Make cutlets of the desired shape and set aside.
6. Heat oil in a pan and fry them until crisp and golden brown.
7. Serve hot with any sauce or chutney of your choice.
Pin for later
This recipe is part of the "A-Z Recipe Challenge" in a facebook group wherein we bloggers come together and choose key ingredients alphabetically to make and post a dish every month. The alphabet of the month is P and I am presenting these crispy Potato and Pasta Cutlets