Summer is here and so is the mango season. Let us enjoy refreshing drinks made with the king of fruits. This is a very flavourful iced tea made with mango puree and flavoured with saffron and cardamoms. You are surely going to love it.
This recipe is part of the A-Z Recipe Challenge in a facebook group wherein we bloggers come together and choose key ingredients alphabetically to make and post a dish every month. The alphabet of the month is M and I am presenting this flavourful mango iced tea
Mango puree ... 1 cup
Water ............... 6 cups
Green cardamoms .. 5-6 (crushed)
Saffron ................... 2-3 pinches
Tea ....................... 1 tbsp
Stevia ..... ............ 2 packets or 2 tbsps of sugar
1. Boil water in a pan.
2. Add the crushed cardamoms and saffron.
3. After the colour changes and you get a nice aroma add the tea leaves.
4. Bring to a boil. Switch off the gas and let it cool.
5. Meanwhile place a saucepan on gas and add the mango puree.
6. Stir it for a minute or two and switch off the gas. Add the stevia and mix well. If you are using sugar add it while making the mango compote.
7.Remove the compote in a bowl and let it cool.
8. Strain the cooled tea into a jar.
9. To make the iced tea add about 2 tbsps of mango compote in a serving glass.
10. Pour the tea into it and stir it. Add some ice cubes. If you like your tea very sweet then add a little honey or more sugar in the compote.
11. Decorate the glass with a fancy umbrella and insert a straw.
12. Serve it chilled.
This quantity makes 3 servings.
Note: You can even directly add the mango pulp in the tea but if you make mango compote you can store it and use as a dessert topping as well and to make some juices.
For variation you can also flavour the tea with lemon and mint instead of saffron and cardamoms.
You can watch the recipe video