Buck wheat flour / kuttu ka ata ..... 1 cup or as needed
Desi ghee or oil ..................... as needed
Potato ................. 1 (boiled and peeled)
Coriander leaves .... handful
Green chillies ........ 2 (finely chopped)
Cumin seeds .......... 1/2 tsp
Rock salt / senda namak .... to taste
1. In a large plate or bowl mash the potato.
2. Add the buck wheat flour.
3. Add all the ingredients and 1/2 a tbsp of ghee.
4. Mix them together.
5. Knead them together adding little water as the boiled potato already has the moisture.
6. Rub a little ghee in your hands and knead it to a smooth texture.
7.Cover it with a cloth and set aside for 15 minutes.
8. Divide the dough into 4-5 portions.
9. Grease the parchment paper and roll out the parathas.
10. Transfer it to the hot griddle.
11. Make the parathas flipping the sides and spooning a little bit of ghee on them.
12. You can serve them with curd or any farali sabzi.
Check out the recipe video
Such a delicious and filling recipe. Using parchment paper to roll out the parathas is a good idea.ReplyDelete
Thanks Mina.. Yes that makes your job easy.Delete
what a healthy and hearty flatbread and I like the way you have plated it with the accompanimentsReplyDelete
I guess you can still get your Buckwheat flour during the pandemic.ReplyDelete
Yes, so far so good. We are still getting all the groceries.Delete
Filling and sumptous paratha. Totally admire how our Indian recipes make use of healthy and nutrition filled ingredients as part of fasting meals.ReplyDelete
Very true Priya.Delete
This is such a healthy and tasty paratha. It is a good idea to use these flours, loved it.ReplyDelete
Thanks Jayashree. We make use of these only during the fasting periodDelete
I love the taste of buckwheat paratha. Healthy and so delicious farali food. Next time will try with coriander added to it.ReplyDelete
Thanks Mayuri. In India I am enjoying all these fasting dishes. In Brazil we never found these ingredients.Delete
Love kuttu ka parathas.. this looks super yummy, now I want to eat this now.ReplyDelete
Thanks for likingDelete
Kuttu ka paratha looks scrumptious. Wholesome and nutritious. Perfect to enjoy during festivities.ReplyDelete