How about some fruit and vegetable salad for a change .. Believe me .. It makes a delicious combination. You could have any kind of dressing for it. Add chaat masala if you like Indian flavours.
Apple -- 1/2
Strawberries ... 3-4
Plum ........... 1
Tangerine ... 1
Arugula ... handful
Celery .... 1 stick
Red and Yellow capsicums / Bell Peppers .. small piece of each
For the dressing:
Mayonnaise .. 1 tbsp
Honey ...... 1 - 2 tsps
Balsamic vinegar .. 1 tbsp
Olive oil .... 1 tbsp
Salt ...... as needed
Paprika or black pepper .. 2-3 pinches
1. Wash and cur the fruits and vegetables into thin slices.
2. Peel the tangerines and remove the pulp carefully.
3. Put the dressing ingredients in a bottle and shake them well or whisk them in a bowl.
4. Spread the fruits and vegetables in a serving platter.
5. Pour the dressing just before serving.
Note: Keep the diced vegetables in ice cold water until use. This keeps them crunchy.