Most of us love egg and toast for breakfast. Here is a lovely variation for a change. How about baking an egg in buns / bread bowls. Isn't it a superb idea. Just scoop out the middle portion of the bun, drizzle some oil or spread some butter. Line it with ham or tomato slice and break an egg over it For the tempering use salt, chilli flakes and herbs. You may also sprinkle a little grated cheese if you like. Bake it in the oven and your yummylicious breakfast is ready.
Buns ... as required
Eggs ... as required
Ham slices ... (optional )
Salt ... to taste
Dried or fresh herbs ( I used rosemary and mint )
Oil .... for drizzling or butter
1. Cut out a thin slice from the top of the bun and scoop out the center.
2. Drizzle a little oil or spread butter,
3. Place a tomato slice or ham if you are using that.
4. Break an egg over it and sprinkle the salt, chili flakes and the desired herbs. You can use grated cheese also if you like.
5. Place it in a baking tray and bake for about 15 - 20 minutes at 350 degrees until the eggs are done.
If you like a crunchy bread place it under the grill for few minutes.
Pin for later
You may also like:
Egg and Macaroni Sandwich