Oats ... 5-6 tbsps
Boiled vegetables - 1 cup
Mustard seeds .. 1 tsp
Cumin seeds .... 1 tsp
Asafoetida ...... a pinch
Sambar powder .. 1 tsp
Turmeric powder .. 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder .. 1/4 tsp
Salt .............. to taste
Oil or Ghee... 2 tbsps
Coriander leaves .. for garnishing.
1. Heat oil in a pan and add the asafoetida, mustard and cumin seeds.
2. When they crackle add the oats and saute for a minute on low flame until you get a nice aroma.
3. Now carefully add 2 cups of water stirring continuously to avoid lumps.
4. Bring to a boil and simmer. Add the salt and the mentioned spices and simmer.
5. When the oats are almost cooked, tip in the boiled vegetables and coriander leaves.
6. Simmer for a minute. The consistency depends on how thick or thin you like it. Add water accordingly.
Pin for later
You may also like:
I too have tasted when I last visited Indian and just loved its taste. Good you posted the recipe dear... Thanks..ReplyDelete
very inviting and delicious masala oats :) a perfect healthy meal and love the addition sambhar pd in it !!ReplyDelete
Thank you Shama :)Delete
looks like a very healthy version ofReplyDelete
khichdi ...loved it...
Yes Nayana .. :)Delete
so yummy this looks...ReplyDelete
Delicious! I have to try this.ReplyDelete
Delicious thanks for sharing with Hearth and Soul blog hop.ReplyDelete
Thank you Swathi :)Delete
Very innovative and delicious recipe.ReplyDelete
Can happily have this healthy oats to kick start my day, fibre rich and delicious dish.ReplyDelete
Me too :)Delete
Yummy and healthyReplyDelete