Goat brain fritters / pakoras is a delicacy of Sindhi Cuisine. They taste delicious !
Goat brains .. 2 (or as needed)
Gram flour / besan .... 1 cup
Baking soda .... a pinch
Salt ... as needed
Turmeric powder ... 1/4 tsp
Whole cardamoms .. 2
Cinnamon stick .. 1 small piece
Cloves .... 2-3
Saunf / aniseeds ... 1/4 tsp
Garam masala powder .... 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder ... as needed
Cumin powder ... 1/4 tsp
Oil ... to fry
1. Clean the brains carefully by immersing them in the water and remove the top skin and veins.
2. In a pan take 2-3 cups water and boil the brains adding salt, turmeric powder, cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves and ani seeds.
3.Turn the side once and boil until done ( 4-5 minutes) Remove and set aside to cool.
4. Cut them into big pieces.( chunks). Sprinkle cumin powder, red chilli powder and garam masala on them.
5. Make batter with the besan adding salt, baking powder and water as needed.
6. Heat oil in a frying pan. Dip the pieces carefully in the batter and half-fry them.
7. Just before serving, press the pakoras lightly and re-fry them until crisp.
Serve with any chutney / sauce
Pin for later
You may also like:
Mirchi Bajji / Stuffed Chilli Fritters
new to me...yummyReplyDelete
Do try them sometimeDelete
OMG,am drooling over here,super clicks!!ReplyDelete
We make a masala with goat brains, fritters sounds new for me.ReplyDelete
We make curry too.. thanks for likingDelete
OMG! New to me Shobha... Looks yummy :-)ReplyDelete
Thanks Nilu.. must try themDelete
I never have this before...new to me ....but look super delish...will try someday...!ReplyDelete
Must try them dearDelete
I have never had goat brain....I would love to try it someday.....and this looks like a great place to start.ReplyDelete
Yes dear.. perfect !Delete
Wow superb duper look awesome 👍👌😁😀ReplyDelete