Ever since I had been planning to make them.
Finally I got an opportunity when it was the turn to make a dish with alphabet "J" in our group --- A-Z Recipe Challenge. wherein we bloggers come together and choose key ingredients alphabetically to make and post a dish every alternate month.
Jalapeno chillies - 5-6
Cheese ................ 1 cup (or as needed)
Bacon ................. few strips (optional)
Bread crumbs ...... as needed for coating
APF / maida ......... as needed for coating
Milk ................... 1 cup
Garlic granules ... 1 tbsps (optional)
Salt ..................... to taste
Oil ..................... to fry
1. Wash the Jalapeno chillies or peppers well. Make a slit and discard the seeds.
2. Put them in a pot and cook for just one boil adding salt.
3. Drain and set aside.
4. Grate the cheese and set aside.
5. Fry the bacon strips until brown and crispy. Cut them into tiny pieces. Mix them with the grated cheese.
6. Take the flour in a flat plate and mix little salt.
7. Put the bread crumbs in a flat plate and mix the garlic granules.
8. Wipe the blanched chillies and stuff them with cheese and bacon mixture.
9. Dip them in the milk and roll them in the flour until well coated. Repeat this step twice and refrigerate for 10 mins.
10. Now dip them in the milk again and roll them in the bread crumbs until well coated. Refrigerate for few minutes and repeat this step again until the chillies are well coated.
11. Refrigerate them again for 10 more minutes. This makes the coating nice and firm.
12. Heat some oil in a frying pan and fry the Stuffed and coated Jalapeno peppers until crisp and golden brown.
13. Serve immediately.
See the Recipe Video of making the Jalapeno Poppers
Use any cheese of your choice. You may also use cream cheese if you like.
You can skip adding bacon and add chicken instead... or skip adding any of them if you are a vegetarian.
You can prepare and store the coated Jalapenos in the refrigerator a day ahead also if you are having a party.
Recipe adapted from - HERE