This is a lovely option for vegetarians. You can have it like a sabzi or even use it for fillings in samosas / buns and pies
Cauliflower .. 1 and half cups (shredded finely)
Onion .... 1 (about 1 cup)
Green peas .. 1/4 cup
Tomato ... 1
Green chillies .. 1-2
Ginger ... 1 tsp
Garlic .... 1 tsp
Turmeric powder .. 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder ... 1 tsp
Cumin powder .... 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder ... 1/4 tsp
Garam masala .... 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves .. handful
Kasoori methi ... dried and powdered .. to sprinkle on top.
Salt ... to taste
1. Shred the cauliflower finely and put it in hot water to remove the impurities.
2. Boil the green peas and set aside.
3. In a pan heat oil and add the finely chopped onions. Saute until brown.
4. Add the ginger, garlic, green chillies, tomatoes and a little water to cook.
5. Now tip in the cauliflower and start sauteeing until you get a nice brown colour of the keema.You can sprinkle a little water if needed.
6. Add all the spice powders, salt and coriander leaves.
7. Finally add the green peas and stir it.
Tip: Adding boiled green peas in the end gives a better look to the curry.
Nice variation of keema for vegetarians...ReplyDelete
Thanks for liking dearDelete
Delicious keema dear.ReplyDelete
yummy and healthy keemaReplyDelete
Yummy keema. Goes very well with rotis. Delicious!ReplyDelete
Looks really delicious.ReplyDelete
interesting and very different dish!!! Thanks for sending this yummy recipe to my event.. Looking for more yummy recipes...ReplyDelete
Event - Authentic Indian Sweets w giveaway
Event - Kid's delight - Sweet Treats
Event - WTML w giveaway
Thank you SowmyaDelete
This is delicious I make a similar dish but call it cauliflower couscous.:)ReplyDelete
Ok.. would love to try out that one too.Delete
Lovely looking keema Shobhaji...I usually make the soy one, will have to try this....ReplyDelete
I make that too.. some variation is always goodDelete