Try out the healthy South Indian breakfast of Moringa dosas with moringa chutney. A delightful and healthy option and a nice way of incorporating these nutritious greens in your daily diet.Ingredients for Moringa Dosas Dosa Batter ... 2 cups or as needed Moringa leaves ... 1 cup Oil or ghee .......... to make dosas Ingredients for Moringa Chutney: Moringa leaves .... 1 cup Roasted gram ..... 1/4 cup Grated coconut ... 3 tbsps
Tamarind juice .... 1 or 2 tbsps (as you prefer) Green chillies ..... 1 or 2 Ginger ............... 1 small piece Salt ................. as needed Ingredients for tempering: Mustard seeds ... 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds ..... 1/2 tsp Asafoetida ............ 1 pinch Curry leaves ....... few Red chilli ................1 Oil ...................... 1 tbsp
Let's make the chutney first:
1. Transfer the moringa leaves into a pan and cook them with half cup water.
2. Cook them for few minutes until the water dries up.
3. Remove them in a bowl and let them cool.
4. Now put all the ingredients listed under the chutney column into a grinding jar.
5. Grind the chutney. You will not need to add any water as there is enough liquid content in the boiled moringa leaves and we have added tamarind juice too.
6. Check the salt and remove the chutney into a bowl.
7. Heat the oil for tempering in a small pan.
8. Add the tempering ingredients mentioned in the list and allow them to crackle.
9. Stir them into the chutney.
For Making Dosas:
1. Take dosa batter as required.
2. Wash the moringa leaves and chop them a bit.
3. Now the ratio of the batter and leaves can be 2 :1 or 3 :1 as you prefer.
4. Mix the leaves well into the batter.
5. Heat a tawa / griddle and make dosas.
6. Drizzle some oil or ghee and flip them until done.
7. Serve them with moringa chutney.
Check out the video
Pin for later
You may also like:
These Moringa dosa and chutney sound super delicious and tasty. The perfect breakfast to enjoy.ReplyDelete
Thanks Nayna. Yes They turned out very good. I tried them for the first time as I had a stock of moringa greens.Delete
you have brought us so many ways to use Moringa now. super delighted to see it is chutney and dosa form (I use it with chlla)ReplyDelete
Glad to hear that Kalyani. These greens are healthy and we should add them in various dishes as much as possible.Delete
Your dosas look perfect with the moringa chutney. This is a very good way of including the healthy moringa leaves in your diet. I have been sharing your recipes with my relations in India as they have a moringa tree near their farm.ReplyDelete
Thank you so much for sharing Mina. Hope they are enjoying them.Delete