Rasam is one versatile dish from the South Indian Cuisine that can be made with so many variations.
This is a very healthy and nutritious recipe of rasam with the goodness of moringa leaves. A nice way to consume moringa leaves regularly.
Boiled Toor dal ..... 2-3 tbsps
Moringa leaves ....Handful
Rasam powder .... 1 tsp
Tomato ............... 1
Tamarind ............. lemon sized (soak in water)
Turmeric powder.. 1/8 tsp
Salt ............. to taste
Cumin seeds .. 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds .. 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida ....... 1 or 2 pinches
Curry leaves ..... few
Oil ................. 1 tbsp
1. In a pan boil the moringa leaves with one cup of water adding little salt and turmeric powder.
2. Also add the tomato pieces and 2-3 tbsps of tamarind juice or as per your liking.
3. Boil until the tomatoes are soft stirring it intermittently.
4. Next stir in the cooked toor dal also known as arhar dal.
5. Bring it to a boil and add the rasam powder. Check the salt and add if required.
6. Cook on low flame for a minute.
7. Heat oil in a small tadka pan and add the tempering ingredients.
8. When they crackle stir it into the prepared rasam.
9. Enjoy it with your meals.
10. You can also make rasa vadai which is medu vadas soaked in rasam.
Pin for later
You may also like: