Kolhapur is known for its hot and spicy Cuisine. Kolhapuri masala is made with dry red chiliies, coconut and lot of spices. I had some authentic ready masala powder that was sent to me by a cousin living there. You can prepare it at home as well. I have shared the link of the recipe in the post.
Delicious veg and non veg dishes can be prepared with this masala.
Today I have made mixed vegetable curry. You can use any vegetables of your choice. This can be served with plain rice or bhakri.
Potatoes ... 2 (cut into cubes)
Green peas .. 1/4 cup
Carrots ....... 1 (cut into pieces)
Capsicum.... 1 (cut into big pieces)
Garlic paste .. 1 tbsp
Onions ........ 1 large (diced finely)
Tomatoes ... 1
Turmeric powder .. 1/2 tsp
Salt .............. to taste
Kolhapuri masala .... 2-3 tbsps (as per your liking)
Coconut milk .......... 4-5 tbsps
Oil ...................... 4 tbsps
Check out the Kolhapuri Masala Recipe - HERE
1. Heat oil in a pan and add garlic paste. Saute.
2. Tip in the finely diced onions and saute until translucent.
3. Next add the tomato and cook until it is soft.
4. Tip in the mixed vegetables of your choice. Add turmeric powder and salt.
5. Saute for a minute and add 2 cups of water.
7. When almost done add the coconut milk.