Here is a healthy breakfast menu for Holi .. Make colourful dosas by adding carrot, spinach and beetroot to get the natural colour and nutrition at the same time.
Urad dal .... 1 cup
Rice ........... 3 cups
Methi seeds .... 1 tsp.
Baking soda ... a pinch
Salt ... to taste
Oil.....as needed to fry dosas
Spinach ............ 2 cups
Carrots grated ... 1 cup
Beetroot ......... 1
1. Soak dal and rice separately for at least 5-6 hours.Add methi seeds while soaking.
2. Grind them separately adding enough water to a smooth batter.
3.Mix them well, adding salt and leave to ferment preferably over night.
4. Chop the spinach and boil adding a little salt and water.
5. Allow it to cool and blend it to a smooth and thick paste.
6. In a pan saute the grated carrots lightly with 1 tsp of oil and little salt. Grind it to a smooth paste.
7. Boil the beetroot, peel it and grind to make puree.
8. Now take a little portion of the fermented batter as needed in three bowls.
9. Add blended spinach puree in one bowl, carrot paste in the second, beetroot puree in the third bowl.
10. Use plain batter for making white dosas.
11. Pour a ladleful of batter on the tawa and spread it with the back of the ladle.
12. Spoon a little ghee to make dosa. Repeat with the other coloured batter. You can also make a cone shaped dosa.
13. Serve with chutney / sambar.
See Coconut Chutney recipe - HERE
See Groundnut Chutney recipe .... HERE
See Sambar recipe ................. HERE
See Potato Masala recipe ....... HERE
very colorful and healthy.. happy holi ShobaReplyDelete
Thanks Veena.. wish you the same in advanceDelete
Just look at them... so colorful...ReplyDelete
Thanks Rafeeda :)Delete
perfect for the festival of colorsReplyDelete
Yes Amrita.. Thanks :)Delete
Oh wow! they look so awesome... perfect for the colorful festival of holi.ReplyDelete
Thank you so much for liking :)Delete
Awesome idea Shobha making Spinach, Beetroot and Carrot Dosa. So colorful and that too naturally. A wonderful treat for the upcoming Holi festival.ReplyDelete
Thanks Mayuri. Sp glad you liked them.Delete
What a wonderful idea of making colourful dosas using various vegetables. This is a great way of making kids enjoy beetroot and spinach.ReplyDelete
Thanks Mina. Yes some kids are fussy and avoid eating greens and few veggies. This way they will happily enjoyDelete
Beautifully done spinach, carrots and beetroot dosa. Great way to attract kids to eat healthy. Perfect for the festival of colors.ReplyDelete
Thanks Archana. Yes a good choice for Holi.Delete