Holi is the festival of colours. Let's add some colour to the food as well to celebrate this festival. make a colourful layered paratha using the pureed spinach, beetroot and carrots to knead the dough.
Spinach ........... 2 cups
Carrots ........... 1 cup
Beetroot ......... 1
Wheat flour and Maida ... Half and half (as needed)
Ajwain / carom seeds ... 1 tsp
Salt .......................... to taste
Ghee ..................... as needed
1. Boil the beetroot, carrot and spinach separately. Puree them and set aside.
2. Take flour and knead with each colour separately adding a little salt, ghee and carom seeds. Also knead one portion of plain flour for white colour.
3. Now take a small portion of each colour and roll out a roti.
4. Place the rolled rotis one on top of the other and roll out a little more so that they stick together.
5. Carefully roll them together into a cylindrical shape. With a sharp knife cut out a slice carefully.
6. Roll the piece into a small paratha. Do not use flour for rolling. You can just apply a little oil to make the rolling easy.
7. Make the parathas on the griddle spooning a little ghee. You can even fry puris the same way if you like.
They looks really awesome, healthy too.ReplyDelete
These are so colourful and a good wzy to add vegetables. Thiis is a great idea for sevi g to kds.ReplyDelete
Thanks for liking Nayna.. yes indeed a gr8 way to serve veggies to kidsDelete
Love the colourful parathas Shobha. Great for kids and to serve during dinner parties.ReplyDelete
Yes Mayuri, specially in theme parties.Delete
I love the colour of the parathas. Its nice to see that you have used vegetables rather than food colour to make the dough. Happy holi to you.ReplyDelete
Thanks for liking the parathas.I avoid using food colours as much as possibleDelete