Fruit raitas are really cool and refreshing in summer. Here is a simple and delicious raita made with tangerine. Sometimes the fruits we buy are not very sweet. This is a nice option to make use of such fruits in raitas and also salads. This raita can also be relished during fasting days. Serve it at room temperature or chilled. If having it on normal days other than fasting you may use any ingrdients of your coice for flavouring them.
Tangerines ............ 2 or as needed
Yogurt .................. 1 cup
Salt .................... to taste
Honey ............... 1 tbsp
Crushed black pepper ... 1/8 tsp
Roasted and crushed cumin seeds ... 1/8 tsp
Mint powder ............................. 1/8 tsp (you may use fresh mint leaves instead)
1. Peel the tangerines, remove the fleshy part of the segments after peeling the skin. Discard the seeds carefully keeping the fleshy part intact.
2. Cut them into smaller pieces if desired.
3. Whisk the yogurt in a larger bowl.
4. Add salt, honey, cumin powder, pepper powder and dried mint powder or fresh mint as per your preference. Give a nice mix.
5. Add the peeled tangerine pieces and stir gently.
6. Serve it chilled or at room temperature as you prefer.
You can also replace the cumin, pepper and mint powder with chaat masala. Add salt very carefully if using this as the masala already contains little salt.
You may also use fresh mint leaves instead of dry mint powder. Chop them finely or crush them in a pestle and mortar.
That is one delicious looking raita Shobha and unusual. Love both yogurt and tangerine so am sure I'll enjoy this tangerine raita. Perfect way to enjoy some yogurt, as I'd probably have it on it's own.ReplyDelete
So glad you liked it. Yes the combo was super delicious.Delete
This raita is quick and easy way to make and looks so delicious. I love the addition of honey which is new to me. No Indian meal is complete without condiments and this is one I will make soon.ReplyDelete
Thanks Mina. I hope you will enjoy this raita.Delete
I am always looking for innovative raita ideas and I think I have just found one, Adding tangerine is such a great idea to add that citrus flavour to the raita.ReplyDelete
Thanks Nayna. I am glad you liked the recipe and are going to make it.Delete