Cucumbers ... 3 (large,medium & small)
Radish ............ 2 (1 thick and 1 round)
Carrots .... 1
Cherry .... 1
1. Select cucumbers which are are thick on one end and thinner on the other...of 3 different sizes.(Father penguin, Mother penguin & Baby penguin)
2. Give a slit on either side for the wings and insert a piece of toothpick so that the wings open up a little.
3. Carve beaks of 3 different sizes out of carrot. Cut a tiny piece of cucumber on the thinner side and fix the beaks with a piece of tooth pick
4. Fix cloves for the eyes.
5. Now for the snowman, peel the radishes, use the thicker one for the body and the round one for the head. Make a long beak and a hat from the carrot and fix them as shown in the figure.Fix the cherry on the hat and also the cloves for the eyes.
6. Fix toothpicks for the hands on either side.
7. Grate the radish and use it for snow.
8. To make the penguins stand, cut a small piece (slanting) on the bottom and fix a slice of radish.
(You may also use brinjals for the penguins if you get the required shape)
We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.
We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.
Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.
To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"
Thanks .. would love to be a part of your Portal.Delete
Penguins and snow men are so cute.You are very talented and artistic in your carvings.ReplyDelete
Create n carve is being hosted at simply food, would love to see you send this in for the event.
Tried out a simple one.. thanks for likingDelete
wow...such a wonderful carving this is....amazing! you rock Shobha...there is an award Galore waiting for u in my space...plz collect it :-)ReplyDelete
Thanks for always encouraging.. wow an award for me too.. I am honouredDelete
Such a pretty decoration, bringing some imaginary snow into a tropical country.ReplyDelete
Thanks Mayuri :)Delete
Wow - what a great idea and great seasonal craft project for kids!ReplyDelete
Thanks Mireille :)Delete
Wow! That is amazing. I absolutely love the idea n will try it when my nephews visit.ReplyDelete
Thanks Archana.. that's a great idea to get the kids involved in making it.Delete