I love to make traditional dishes with different variations using all kinds of masala combos. This is one of the Sindhi style chicken preparation called seyal chicken that I tried out recently with pav bhaji masala. I served it the pav bhaji style garnished with lot of onions. It was a big success and everyone relished it. Here is the recipe
Chicken .. 500 gms (preferably boneless)
Onions .... 2 medium
Yogurt .. 2 tbsps
Tomato ... 1
Ginger ... 1 tsp
Garlic ... 1 tsp
Green chillies .. 1-2
Tomato puree .. 1/4 cup
Tomato ketchup .. 1 tbsp (optional)
Pav bhaji masala ... 1 tbsp
Coriander leaves ... handful
Turmeric powder ... 1/4 tsp
Garam masala powder .. 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder ....... 1/2 tsp ( or as per your liking )
Salt ...... to taste
Oil + butter .... as needed
Pav breads .. as needed.
Lemon wedges and finely chopped onion, coriander and green chillies for garnishing.
1. Wash and marinate the chicken pieces with yogurt, salt and turmeric.
2. In a pan heat oil fry the onions until golden brown.
3. Add the ginger, garlic, green chillies and tomato and simmer until tomato gets cooked.
4. Now tip in the marinated chicken pieces and saute and simmer to cook. Add the mentioned spice powders.
5. When the water dries up saute and add the tomato puree, coriander leaves and a little water until you get a nice colour and the oil separates.
6. At the final stage add a little butter.
7. Garnish with finely chopped onions, coriander leaves, green chillies and lemon wedges before serving.
It can be served with pavs / rumali rotis / naans .