During Makara Sankranti it is supposed to be auspicious to eat sesame seeds. Sesame seeds combined with jaggery taste very good. Many sweets are made with this combination for the festival.
Here is an easy recipe of Til Patti or til ki chikki. It requires only 4 ingredients and takes less than 15 minutes to make.
Sesame seeds - 1 cup
Organic Jaggery .. 1 cup
Sliced pistachios ..... 2 - 3 tbsps
Ghee / clarified butter .. 1 + 1 tsps
1. Dry roast the sesame seeds. Do this on medium flame taking care that they do not become black.
Remove them and set aside.
2. Now transfer the jaggery powder into the pan.
3. Keep stirring until it starts to melt.
4. Add 1 tsp of ghee and continue stirring on medium flame until it melts and starts bubbling.
5. Tip in the sesame seeds and half of the pistachios.
6. When it starts to form a lump remove the contents on a greased surface.
7. Flatten with the spatula first as it will be very hot.
8. Sprinkle the remaining pistachios
9. Smoothen it with back of a flat katori / bowl.
10. Now roll it out with a greased rolling pin as thin as you prefer.
11. Mark the divisions with a pizza cutter or a knife.
12. Allow it to cool and become firm.
13. Remove the brittle pieces in a container.
14. Close the lid only after it has cooled well.
love the addition of Pista in it. I add ginger powder since we are always make this in winter. looks perfect .ReplyDelete
Good idea of adding ginger powder. Will do that nexttime.Delete
Adding pista to til chikki is something new. Love the thin crust chikkisReplyDelete
Sesame chikki is Super addictive always. It is raining chikkis this season. Home made is always the best. Adding pistachios sounds awesome.ReplyDelete
True Preethi, we can't stop with one piece.Delete
Wow.. such a thin til chikki and looks so delicious. Interesting addition of pista to chikki and it makes it more flavorful.ReplyDelete
Thanks Narmadha. Even peanuts taste good too.Delete
Til chikki is addictive, it makes a good snack to store at home. Happy Makar Sankranti to all of you.ReplyDelete
True , we can't stop with one piece.Delete
Til patti looks delish shobhaji! It is our favorite too, i particularly love the aroma roasted sesame has. totally divine!!! One of the easiest and healthiest snack!!ReplyDelete
You are right Priya. My favourite too.Delete
Beautifully made til patti. These are my favorite not only in this season but any season is fine with me.ReplyDelete
Yes dear, Even I can have it anytime. Thanks for likingDelete
Shobha your til Patti has come out so thin, looks really good. My favorite to enjoy during the festival season.ReplyDelete
Thanks Mayuri. Festivals are really enjoyable with special treatsDelete
what a perfect snack to enjoy at any time. So delicious and pefect for the harvest season!ReplyDelete
The til patti looks so good. Loved watching the video which gave the exact instructions. Now I am tempted to make some. Your gud looked really lovely, almost like granulated sugar. Is that how it comes?ReplyDelete
Thanks for the compliment Mina. This is organic jaggery powder.I find it very convenient to use in my baking too. It is also very pure and like the normal jaggery we don'thave to cook it with water first to remove the impurities.Delete