Potato sheera is made usually on fasting days. It is very easy to make and really very delicious.
Potatoes ... 2 large
Sugar ...... 1/2 cup (adjust as per your preference)
Green cardamoms ... 3-4
Saffron .. as needed
Ghee .... 2 tbsps
Pistachios / almonds .. few for garnishing.
1. Boil the potatoes. Peel and cut them into small pieces.
2. Heat ghee in a pan and add the lightly crushed cardamoms.
3. When they give out aroma, add the potatoes and saute for few minutes.
4. Add a pinch of saffron and sugar.
5. Keep stirring until the sugar is absorbed and the sheera starts to leave the sides.
Garnish with saffron strands and chopped nuts.